1.2 This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and customers.
In this policy, "we", "us" and "our" refer to AK Gas Appliances & Spares Ltd.
2. What data we collect about you
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data includes your first name and last name (only in the event of a purchase)
- Contact Data may include your profession, company name, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone settings and location, operating system and platform information as well as other data on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your purchases or orders, your interests, preferences and any feedback you provide.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also process Aggregated Data from your Personal Data, but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not Personal Data. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive Data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
3. How we collect data about you
3.1 We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site, or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- order our products or services;
- create an account on our site;
- subscribe to our publications, mailing lists, special offers;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions: As you use our site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites that use our cookies.
4. What we do with your personal data
4.1 We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- where we need to provide our service and products to you;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests;
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, such as our legal obligations to our Tax Authority (HMRC, UK).
4.3 In this section we have set out what personal data we store and process:
In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your Personal Data set out in this section, we may also process any of your Personal Data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
4.4 Please do not supply any other person's Personal Data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
5. Providing your personal data to others
5.1 We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in section 4 above:
5.2 Service providers who provide us with their professional services such as;
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and financial services;
- Insurance companies, loss assessors, regulatory authorities and other fraud prevention agencies;
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services;
- Any mailing or printing agents, contractors and advisors that provide a service to us or act as our agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential and secure;
- Delivery companies who may send tracking or delivery information to you via email, phone or by SMS;
5.3 We share relevant personal data with the following delivery and fulfilment partners (where appropriate) to ensure you receive our products and services:
- Royal Mail - https://www.royalmail.com/
- DPD - http://www.dpd.co.uk/
5.4 HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
5.5 Third parties to whom we may in the future sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
5.6 We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5.7 We may pass your personal data to third parties who are service providers, agents and subcontractors to us for the purposes of completing tasks and providing products to you on our behalf. However, we disclose only the personal data that is necessary for the third party to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes.
5.8 In addition to the disclosures of personal data set out in this Section 5, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure
5.10 With your consent: We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
6. International transfers of your personal data
6.1 In this Section 6, we provide information about the circumstances in which your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
6.2 Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- Where we use providers based in the United States, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
If none of the above safeguards are available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
6.3 Companies we work with who use your data to provide the functionality for this website, email software and product purchase are:
- Joomla Forms (service enquiry / contact form)
- Mail Chimp
We may use other suppliers, in addition, for business functionality, but they do not receive personally-identifiable information about you from us.
7. Retaining and deleting personal data
7.1 We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
7.2 To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
7.3 By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity and Transaction Data) for 7 years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
7.4 In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
7.5 In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
8.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
8.3 We may notify you of changes to this policy by email if you have provided previous consent.
9. Your rights
9.1 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- (a) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
9.2 We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
9.4 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
10. Our details
10.1 This website is owned and operated by AK Gas Appliances & Spares Ltd.
10.2 We are registered in England under registration number 06491832 and our registered office is at 3 Weaver Street, Leeds, LS4 2AU.
10.3 Our principal place of business is 3 Weaver Street, Leeds, LS4 2AU.
10.4 You can contact us:
(a) by post, to AK Gas Appliances & Spares Ltd, 3 Weaver Street, Leeds, LS4 2AU
(b) using our website contact form;
(c) by telephone, on the contact number published on our website; or
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction and you wish to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), you can contact them on 0303 123 1113 or visit https://ico.org.uk/.
You also have the right to judicial remedy against a legally binding decision of the ICO where you consider that your rights under this regulation have been infringed as a result of the processing of your data. You have the right to appoint a third party to lodge the complaint on your behalf and exercise your right to seek compensation.